Friday, March 18, 2011

Amateur Computer Programming

It's true: I missed PyCon 2011. Unbelievable. We have a sick horse who can't be left alone even for six hours, and our last-ditch scheme to get him to the OSU veterinary hospital, just before we were to leave for PyCon, foundered (ha!) with a broken-down truck and trailer on a small rural road. In the dark. And snow. Wasn't a good night. (Sigh) Next year, with feeling!

Anyway, onward. Tonight I'm on a panel at Millennicon (a straight-up SF con) titled "Amateur Computer Programming". I wanted to gather links to some short screencasts to give people an idea of some of the interesting tools out there.

2 comments:

Shawn W. said...

I don't know if they all have screencasts, but some others you might want to share:

jsFiddle - play with HTML, JavaScript and CSS and see the results, then share it.
Quickie Canvas - play with the HTML5 -canvas- tag

I had another that's an online text templating engine: you provide a template in one text box and delimited data in another and it would spit out the results of pushing the data through the template. I can't find the link right now, but I'll add it when/if I find it again.

Unknown said...

You were missed! Sorry to hear about your horse. Is s/he better now?