Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PyCon begins...

... well, the tutorials and summits begin tomorrow. But some of the organizers are already in place, getting things set up. I wish I were there! I won't arrive until Thursday afternoon - I had to sacrifice all but the core conference days so that I could make the separate trip to IOUG Collaborate. For me, it feels like arriving at a family Christmas halfway through the gift unwrapping.

Have you seen the list of PyCon sponsors this year? It's amazing! It's practically a Who's Who... if your company isn't sponsoring PyCon, your corporate headquarters is probably roofed with thatch. :) It's a tribute to Van Lindberg, PyCon's sponsorship coordinator, but even more to the growing corporate recognition that Python has become a pillar of the IT world.

No comments: